Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Carving A Turkey

This is supposed to be the job of The Man of The House but my husband declines year after year because it can be somewhat intimidating. I never did a horrible job, but not a stellar one either. Last year I decided to use a new technique. I take the drum and thigh piece off first then the breast in one whole piece then the wing. This video is great!! I use the "Carving in the Kitchen" technique. It is so much easier than trying to cut nice slices on that huge bird!! This year when I carved the bird, I got rave reviews. Everyone thought I did a great job and gave me compliments. Even my stepdad was impressed saying that he wished he had been taught this way as it looked so much easier and got so much of the bird in such a short amount of time!


No comments:

Post a Comment