Sunday, January 6, 2013

NOLA Style Bloody Mary Mix

Ever since I went to New Orleans I have been a Bloody Mary snob. When you get one there it is beyond spicy and tangy. I will make you want to "Slap yo momma!" Before returning home I bought a bottle of it thinking that I could just get more online. No such luck! They stopped shipping it!! I know right?! How could they?!?!! So I went to task at preparing my home. Perfecting it took some time but I did it. Below is the recipe to make a small batch. When I make them at home, I get all my canning supplies out and I make about 12 jars of the stuff. I cook mine to make sure all the flavors are well mingled but you can just prepare a small batch without going through that whole process. I gave it out last two Christmas's ago with a jar of my own pickled green beans as gifts. It was such a hit, I have to spend a whole day every few months making more of it. It is in demand!! So here ya go!! Enjoy!!!

Bloody Mary Mix

6 cups Tomato Juice
3 tbls. Lemon Juice, (fresh preferably)
3 tbls. Lime Juice, (again fresh is best! but not necessary)
1 tbls. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Horseradish, (prepared, not creamed) (more if you REALLY like it, no more than 2 tsp.)
1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce (I go heavy on this ingredient, I love it tangy and spicy!!)
Celery Salt and Pepper, rim the glass and sprinkle on top of finished drink)

Serve over ice with a few ounces of vodka and with as much accouterments as you like. I prefer pickled greens beans or pickled okra.


1 comment: