Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Broccoli Beef!!!

This recipe came to me in an email from AllRecipes.com. I tweaked it a tiny bit. I just love Asian foods. If you know me, know that! Everything from Chinese, Pho, Japanese and Thai! I LOVE IT ALL!! The thing is those aren't the easiest things to make at home. A lot of it seems to be secret. I can never get my Hot and Sour Soup to taste like it does at Mandarin Gourmet. I don't like using those packets or bottles of premade sauce. I mean what's the secret to that?! So when I made this last night and it tasted just like I thought it should I was oh, so happy!!  I served mine over white rice and an eggroll on the side. It was so good!


Broccoli Beef
30 Minute Meal                      15 Minutes Prep, 15 Minutes Cook Time             Serves 4
1/3 cup Oyster Sauce
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/3 cup Sherry
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Cornstarch
2 tbls. Sriracha Sauce
8 Dried Chiles, broken into pieces
1 lb. beef round steak, cut into 1/8 inch thick strips, put in medium size bowl.
3 tbls Vegetable Oil
3 thin slices of Fresh Ginger
3 cloves Garlic, peeled and smashed
1 lb. Broccoli, cut into florets

1. Start your rice. Whisk together the oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and sriracha sauce in a bowl. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the meat and coat well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic. Let them sizzle in the oil for about 1 minute. Here is a deviation. The recipe said to take the ginger and garlic out. I didn't. Do what you're comfortable with. Stir in the broccoli and stir in the oil until bright green and almost tender, 5-7 minutes. Remove the broccoli from wok and set aside.

3. If you need a little oil, add some. Add the marinated beef until the sauce forms a glaze and the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Return the broccoli to the wok and stir until well mixed, about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment