Thursday, February 21, 2013

NOLA Style BBQ Shrimp

Matt and I went to New Orleans with a group of friends a few years back and went to a restaurant that was my mothers favorite, Pascal Manale's. They are famous for their Oyster Bar and BBQ Shrimp. Now BBQ Shrimp actually has nothing to do with actual BBQ but that's what it has been called for eternity there. This is a great recipe that I found in my Williams-Sonoma New Orleans Edition. I made this last week and it was SO GOOD!!! Finger licking good because it is really messy to eat! I recommend that you make a nice salad, grab a warm loaf of bread and get to peeling. Yes, it is a peel and eat recipe. I couldn't get the heads on shrimp when I went to the store but it still turned out amazing!

NOLA Style BBQ Shrimp
45 minutes                          Serves about 4
2 lbs. extra large shrimp (prawns), heads on if you can get them
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 tbls. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
Cheyenne pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a medium skillet melt the butter and add the olive oil. When melted add in the onion and cook for about 8 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary and oregano. Saute about 2 more minutes. 

While sauteing the above, rinse the shrimp and layer them in a 4 quart dish. When the mixture above is done remove from heat and stir in the parsley and cheyenne pepper, as much cheyenne as you want, I used about 2 tsp. cause I like it a bit spicier.  

Pour the mixture over the shrimp and put them in the oven. With tongs toss the shrimp every 10 minutes for a half hour to get them well coated. Divide the shrimp into the bowls and then divide the sauce as well. Grab a lot of napkins and enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment